Atlassian Pty Ltd Atlassian Developer Community Contributor License Agreement (“Agreement”)
Thank you for your interest in Atlassian Pty Ltd’s and its affiliates’ (“Atlassian”) Atlassian Developer Community, available at https://community.developer.atlassian.com/ (the “Community”). In order to clarify the intellectual property license granted with Contributions (as defined below) from any person or entity, Atlassian must have a Contributor License Agreement on file that has been agreed to by each Contributor (defined below). This Agreement is for your protection as a Contributor as well as the protection of Atlassian and other Community users; it does not change your rights to use your own Contributions for any other purpose.
Atlassian may modify this Agreement from time to time, including any referenced policies and other documents. Atlassian will use reasonable efforts to notify you of modifications (by, for example, sending an email to you, posting on our blog or through the Community). You may be required to click through the modified terms to show your acceptance and, in any event, if you continue to access or use the Community after the modification, that will constituteyour acceptance to the modifications. If you do not agree to the modified terms, your sole remedy is to terminate your access and/or use of the Community.
By signing this Agreement, clicking on the “I agree” (or similar button) that is presented to you along with this Agreement, or by using or accessing the Community, you indicate your assent to be bound by this Agreement.
- Definitions. “You,” “Your” or “Contributor” shall mean the copyright owner or legal entity authorized by the copyright owner that is making this Agreement with Atlassian. If you are an entity (a “Corporation”) or if you are agreeing to this Agreement not as an individual, but on behalf of your Corporation, then “You,” “Your” or “Contributor” means the Corporation and the Corporation is bound to this Agreement. For Corporations, the entity making a Contribution and all other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity are considered to be a single Contributor. For the purposes of this definition, “control” means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity. “Contribution” shall mean the code, documentation or other original works of authorship, including any modifications or additions to an existing work that is submitted by You to Atlassian for inclusion in any of the products or documentation owned or managed by Atlassian (the “Work”). For the purposes of this definition, “submitted” means any form of electronic, verbal or written communication sent to Atlassian or its representatives, including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, Atlassian for the purpose of discussing and improving the Work, but excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by You as “Not a Contribution.”
- Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You hereby grant to Atlassian and to recipients of software distributed by Atlassian a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute Your Contributions and such derivative works.
- Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You hereby grant to Atlassian and to recipients of software distributed by Atlassian a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable (except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work, where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable by You that are necessarily infringed by Your Contribution(s) alone or by combination of Your Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted. If any entity institutes patent litigation against You or any other entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that Your Contribution, or the Work to which You have contributed, constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to that entity under this Agreement for that Contribution or Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
- You represent that You are legally entitled to grant the above license. If You are submitting as an individual, and if Your employer(s) has rights to intellectual property that You create that includes Your Contributions, You represent that You have received permission to make Contributions on behalf of that employer, that Your employer has waived such rights for Your Contributions to Atlassian, or that Your employer has executed a separate Corporate Contributor License Agreement with Atlassian.
- You represent that each of Your Contributions is Your original creation (see section 7 for submissions on behalf of others). You represent that Your Contribution submissions include complete details of any third-party license or other restriction (including, but not limited to, related patents and trademarks) of which You are aware and which are associated with any part of Your Contributions.
- You are not expected to provide support for Your Contributions, except to the extent You desire to provide support. You may provide support for free, for a fee, or not at all. Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, You provide Your Contributions on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON- INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Should you wish to submit work that is not Your original creation, You may submit it to Atlassian separately from any Contribution by identifying the complete details of its source and of any license or other restriction (including, but not limited to, related patents, trademarks, and license agreements) of which You are personally aware, and conspicuously marking the work as “Submitted on behalf of a third-party: [named here]”.
- You agree to notify Atlassian of any facts or circumstances of which You become aware that would make these representations inaccurate in any respect.
Additionally you agree to our Code of Conduct and Participation Guidelines.